One semi-SEO contest that happened last year that won’t likely have a repeat is the Filipina Writing Project. I observe the challenge for that contest is being able to sustain what it intends to do which is to have greater visibility for Filipina-related write-ups and websites online. Today, most search engine results seen online refers to sites that promotes the Filipina in a different light.
I think even on a small scale, this should be continued and perhaps done twice a year similar to the Busby SEO Test experience in order to make it sustainable in achieving its purpose.
The blog post winners last year were:
- The Funniest Filipina Vloggers
- Ako si Pina.. At ito ang aking kuwento…
- Superiority of Women in the Philippine Society
- Filipina as Other
- Two Popular and Unique Individuals, Both Filipina
- The Filipina Campaign
- Filipina 2007
For the SEO competition part, the following won:
- Google – Filipina
- Yahoo – Filipina
- MSN – Hindi lang Filipina Dating, Dating Filipina, Wow Filipina talaga!